Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shakespeare's Birthday






William Shakespeare's actual birthdate has been long disputed, but it is believe to fall around this time. I have always loved his work and am fascinated by his mastery of the English language. He has left us with so many amazing treasures and we still draw from his inspirations.

My favorites plays:

Midsummer Nights Dream
Much Ado About Nothing
Romeo and Juliet

My favorite sonnet:

Sonnet CXVI

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
      If this be error and upon me proved,
     I never writ, nor no man ever loved.




Here is a poem that I wrote in honor of The Bard: Fate

Also, if you like poetry, check out these amazing poets at With Real Toads; today's poem prompt was to write a piece in honor of this extraordinary man.

Do you like Shakespeare? What are some of your favorite works?


2 comments:

All comments will be posted after moderation.

Leave me a note! I love reading your thoughts.