Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Deja Vu? Liebster Award 4 & 5


Although blogging has taken over my life, I must say that I absolutely enjoy it and I've met some incredible people (okay, not physically met, but virtually).

I never realized that blogging would open up a whole new world....a subculture of people ~ communities filled with photographers, poets, chefs and fashion and nutrition experts...just to name a few. But no matter how different we are...no matter what area we identify with, we are all passionate and we are all bloggers. We put ourselves out there for the world to see....to empathize with....to criticize and to join.

Like any field of work or study (blogging is work....for those who don't know), it's nice to be recognized by your fellow peers. I must thank Zainab and Jessica of Blog of a Bluegrass Belle for nominating my blog again for a Liebster Award.

I think my favorite part of this award each time I receive it is answering the questions and reading everyone else's responses.....here we go! Again! You can read more about the Liebster award here.


Image: CC0

So ready or not, here are eleven more exciting things for you to learn about me!



I love the rain

I really enjoy writing

I absolutely love to dance

I love wearing skirts/dresses

I don't like roller coasters anymore

I would rather receive wildflowers than those from a florist

I wish we lived in a magical world like Harry Potter

I'm in love with Mr Darcy

I don't like to get the mail

I don't like liver ~blech!

I wish I could fly




Image courtesy of Bogdan



1. What's your greatest pet peeve? I can't stand it when I see people wearing shoes that don't fit perfectly...drives me insane.

2. If you're told that you have only three more days of sight, what would you do? I would take my family to a beautiful island and watch the sunset and rise with them ~ laugh and talk with them

3. Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream? I love chocolate, but if you have French Vanilla that's my first choice

4. Do you have a favourite word? If yes, then what's it? Nope....don't think so

5. Best animated movie you've ever seen? I think right now I would go with Tangled

6. What's more irritating: not having a book to read or not having access to the internet? book

7. A fear that you overcame? Ummmm....I not that afraid of the basement anymore

8. Would you rather be a) envied, b) respected, c)trusted or d) feared? Trusted

9. A public figure who's inspired you the most?  okay, so I'm dating myself...Princess Diana 

10. If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you choose? Elizabeth Bennett

11. Which song never fails to cheer you up? This is a hard question....there are certain songs for different occasions ~ I guess Kelly Clarkson's Stronger



Image: CC0


1. What do you do for fun? Write.....daydream

2.  What do you hate to read on the internet? Sad news

3.  Strangest comment anyone has left on a blog post or Facebook wall? So far...nothing strange....yet.

4.  Most embarrassing moment?  Once, I was goofing off and dancing in my house....I danced from my family room to my kitchen....then the doorbell rang. My girlfriend stood there laughing because from the front door she could see me sashay from one room to the other. I could have died.

5. Do you sing in the shower? Definitely!

6. Do you have a charity you love? United Moms Charity Association

7. Have you pledged your support for the Shot@Life campaign? ;) yep....but need to get working on it.

8. What is your favorite Pet? Do kids count? 

9. How many hours do you sleep at night? Normally, 5-6 hours ~ need to get more.

10. How do you feel about cats? love them, but my kids are allergic :(

11. What was the best day of your life? Last Thursday, when we found out my daughter got accepted into a high school she has been working towards for the past couple of years. So happy for her.




I nominate:




My Eleven Questions to You:

  1. What's your favorite book?
  2. What is your favorite song right now and why?
  3. Is there one thing that you can't live without?
  4. What's your favorite color?
  5. What is the greatest lesson you have learned thus far?
  6. Of the people you know, who possess a quality that you most admire and what is it?
  7. Do you sleep on the right side, left side or smack dab in the middle of your bed?
  8. What's your hidden talent?
  9. What's a topic you wish people would just come out and talk about?
  10. What is your current obsession?
  11. Where would you like to be right now?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for nomination Julia. It's always fun to receive awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being awarded. It is nice to be recognized for all the work that goes into blogging. Nice to find out more about you this morning. I think I would keep the internet and download more books, tee hee..I read everything on my iPad now anyway. Congratulations to your daughter! I hope she excels to her potential and desire at her new school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! I will get on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers to all those questions. I heart Mr. Darcy, too. Good call on being Elizabeth Bennett for a day!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be posted after moderation.

Leave me a note! I love reading your thoughts.