I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it......(Can you name the group?)
Don't you just love it! Thank you Ida so much!
Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I love Snickers. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. I'm a Sagittarius....December is a great month for gifts!
3. I really dislike the taste of lamb....yuck!
4. I'm a Trekkie, can't wait for the new movie to come out!
5. I'm a night owl....average time I go to bed: 2am
6. I'm an incurable romantic (I believe this is linked to #2)
7. I have the worst memory ever! (possible link to #5)
8. I use to dream that I would marry Simon LeBon from Duran Duran
9. I truly enjoy reading Shakespeare
10. I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was younger
11. I have a weakness for fries...all kinds, Cajun, chili cheese, etc...
Had these yummy fries @ Broome Street Bar in Soho 2 weeks ago
1. What is your dream vacation destination? Morocco! No doubt in my mind....ever since I was a kid, I've dreamed about going there....I want to visit the markets, smell the spices and drink Mint Tea.
2. What is your favorite family tradition? I love them all, but one in particular is our Chinese Style Thanksgiving dinner. When my "family" gets together, we are easily 30+ people and then there is always one mystery guest that has been invited. We eat your basic Thanksgiving fare and then on top of that we have several dishes of yummy Chinese food, prepared by my mom and her sisters! Sooooo good!
3. Do you collect anything? If so, what? I am a Cook Book Collector! AGHHHH.....my bookshelf is on the verge of collapsing....my bedroom floor has piles of books stacked in every corner....people tell me to go digital, but I just can't help myself....there is something so beautiful about a cookbook.
4. What is your favorite quote? Never regret what once made you laugh
5. Who is your hero? My Grandmother on mama's side....She was truly amazing. They sure don't make them like they used to. She loved, forgave, sympathized, taught and didn't have a selfish bone in her body. She endured so many hardships in her life....she was truly tested....but she never gave in. She was strong and loving and she was so loved by all who met her. She was and will always be my hero.
6. If you had thirty minutes of free time, what would you do? I would probably be blogging.....it's so addictive!
7. Do you believe in second chances? YES. We are human. I tell my children everyday that we all make mistakes...it's what you learn from them that matters and that's what makes you a better person. I still make mistakes....some big and some small.....I hope one day, if I need it, I will be given a second chance.
8. Why do you blog? I blog to release all that is locked up inside me....my thoughts, loves, creations, addictions and obsessions.
9. Do you believe you have found your passion in life? If not, what are you waiting for? So funny you asked this question, because I just posted I Missed My Calling on Monday! So....I believe that I have found my passion (now that I'm 43) and I've decided to do something about it!
10. What is the one thing you wish for your children? If you don't have children, then for any young child in your life. The one common thing I with for my three children is for them to be HAPPY. I realize that the only thing that really matters is that you're happy with your life.....don't regret things....learn....move on....be happy.
11. Do you consider yourself happy? Yes, I'm happier now that I used to be....I think, like most people, life is full of ups and downs....a non-stop roller coaster that is totally unpredictable. Right now....I'm happy....ask me again when Game of Thrones season ends....
I Nominate The Following Blogs:
- The Owl's Skull
- Dina Farmer Photography
- Sarah Croft
- Bear and Lion
- The Milk Machine
- Firefly Tales
- oh just stop already
- Crazy Little Love Birds
- Faded Ginger
My Eleven Questions to You:
- What's your favorite book to give as a gift?
- What is your favorite song right now and why?
- Is there one thing that you can't live without?
- If you had a chance to go back and do a redo, what would it be?
- What is the greatest lesson you have learned thus far?
- Of the people you know, who possess a quality that you most admire and what is it?
- Do you sleep on the right side, left side or smack dab in the middle of your bed?
- What's your hidden talent?
- What's a topic you wish people would just come out and talk about?
- What is your current obsession?
- What do you want to accomplish through your blog?