Monday, March 4, 2013

Three for Me

This has truly been a crazy weekend for me. So, to start of my week and to help me find balance again, these are the Three for Me this week:

1. My hubby. He is truly the nicest, most considerate, unselfish person I know. He has been my most fiercest critic and my most loyal supporter. As I look back on my life I realize how undeserving I am and that I really am lucky to have him in my life. It has not always been sunshine and roses for us, but that's expected. He grounds me. I love him for all that he is and isn't....and I know that I don't show my love for him as much as I should....this is something I need to try to do more often.

This is my hubby and I at the school fundraiser
That I mentioned in my post
Behind the Scene with Jules

2. Remember the simple things in life. This is a picture of a bowl that I keep on my foyer table (a table that I pass by a thousand times a day). I had gathered the rocks on my last trip to Cape May and found these little starfish in one of my favorite Cape May stores called Whale's Tale. If you haven't already guessed it, the three starfish represent my three kids and the white rocks remind me to remember how beautiful life is in it's simplest and purest form, so don't sweat the small stuff.


Simplicity of life.

3. A cup of warm Egyptian Licorice Tea. One of my closest friends got me hooked onto this tea by Yogi.....yum. I never ever liked licorice, but for some reason I love this tea. Now, whenever I feel stressed, I go to my pantry and make myself a cup of this tea and my mouth does a little happy dance. I think that I might actually be addicted....one time, I literally tore apart my pantry trying to find the new box I had bought ( finally settling on another tea for the night) only to find it the next day in the snack cabinet, where my daughter had placed it by accident.

Yogi Tea: Egyptian Licorice is my current fav!

Thanks for joining me....what are the three things that you love this week? What brings you comfort?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that mug - keep in mind for my birthday!!!!LOL I might have to try that tea - not a fan of licorice either, but you keep talking about that tea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep that in mind! I got that mug on a shopping trip with my little bohemian...we bought a whole bunch - all different in design. Try the tea...if you don't like, send it my way! :)

      Delete
  2. Julie, for one finding your blog can't wait to read your next post... second turmeric as a spice in my chicken broth that I have started drinking to soothe my terrible cold, and thirdly my family of course. I think I may find a symbol that will remind of how beautiful life is in its simplest form and do what you did place it somewhere where you can be reminded of it many, many times a day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria - that's sooo inspiring to hear. I love turmeric! I hope you feel better soon. It's never fun to be sick. :( I highly recommend you to find something beautiful to symbolize your family....it's such a wonderful thing to look at it and remind you to stop and smell the roses. feel better soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jules! I found your blog via Bloggy Moms and love it! I'm right there with you when it comes to tea, even though my preference is South African Rooibos that I got a few months ago from my globetrotting friend. Right now, with two little kids, travelling the world is not so high on the list, but I live vicariously through my friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh....I would love to have tried that. I love tea and I love to visit other countries, although...like you, I'm home with the kids -- maybe when they get older :)

      Delete

All comments will be posted after moderation.

Leave me a note! I love reading your thoughts.